Wednesday 9 January 2013

New Years Resolutions: Blowing Up The Internet

  1. Complete and finish posting Magic Monsters Dominions and Destiny. (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8553319/1/Magic-Monsters-Dominions-and-Destiny)
  2. Choreograph and perform a belly dance solo.
  3. Start a blog for writing, rambling, taking photographs and watching the world go by. (CHECK!)
  4. Start the second draft of my novel (working title The Wolf Pack).
  5. Make a new cosplay (possibly Kisara).
  6. Run the Race for Life in under 35 minutes (last years time - 42 minutes)
One down, only five more to go...

Learning to use a blog when you've never done one before is a lot like playing a board game that you've never encountered before, against an opponent who happens to be a champion, whilst trying to balance the weight of the entire ceiling on nothing but your head. You don't know what this move does, or what pressing this will do, and you'd better learn fast, because one mistake could leave a permanent mark on your history that everyone will remember and laugh at you for, and that pressure isn't letting up, and that champion is sneering at you in a way specifically designed to get on your nerves. And there's only one way to stop the smugness, and stupid sniggering is to blow him into the sky - preferably through that heavy ceiling so that everyone gets a good look at him.

I'm sure that 99% of blogs start off along the lines of "never done this before!" and so in-keeping with tradition - I have never done this before.

...no kidding, genius...

I don't want to turn this into too much of a personal blog. I've only just recently started engaging the filter between my brain and my mouth and trying to remember that sometimes some people just aren't mentally mature enough to be told that they suck, and they are better off in a lot of ways just not hearing it from me (I said try! I didn't say succeed!).

So no rants about people I may or may not know. Just snippets of writing, thought processes, reviews, pictures and the occasional sarcastic quip.

...oh and blowing the smug champion of the hardcore blogger through the roof of the internet, and not caring if I massively cock this up.

First question: Do blogs have a thing against profanity?

May Stardust Fall In Your Dreams!

4 comments:

  1. I totally forgot I had an account on here not attached to the Society.
    The hardest thing about a Blog? Keeping up on it. Trust me on this. I look forward to whatever you put up, hun. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running the Race for life in 35 seconds is possible...if we strap rockets to your feet...

    You may not want to trust me on stuff like this ;-)

    But looking forward to more blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I love your stories on FF and came across your blog hyperlink in your bio, I know this sounds so stalker-ish but I like your posts and look forward to more!
    And about the swearing by old gods things I do that way too much, when someone annoys me I call them a Ra damned prick and I say things like for the love of Ra and things and all my friends look at me as if I'm insane!
    Anyway sorry just to randonly pop up here but I'll probably check back here occasionally, by the way love your FF stories!

    ReplyDelete